Communication for the Senior Leader®
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this program focuses on the strong links between leadership and communication at the highest organizational levels. Project a polished executive presence that creates belief in your ideas and inspires people to action every time you write or speak.
- Speak with vision and a logical structure that drives home your points
- Think quickly and speak confidently under pressure
- Navigate power dynamics and develop critical relationships
Communication Skills for Managers
Great communication is essential to great leadership. Sharpen your communication and leadership impact through self-reflection, dialogue and activity-based development. Consider why you communicate the way you do, and make commitments to improve your approach with others.
- Use communication as an extension of personal leadership choices
- Adapt to the communication needs of other people
- Defuse and respond to difficult circumstances
Persuasion and Influence
Practice effective persuasion tactics under a variety of situations. Build trust with your audience, communicate clearly to strengthen your message, and appeal to people’s emotional and intellectual sides. Exercise constructive influence throughout the organization.
Tailor your message to the audience
- Deal with objections and resistance
- Create messages that motivate others
Power Writing for Business Leaders
This program employs a unique strategic approach to writing more fluently as a business leader. Gain proficiency as an effective planner of writing strategies that address the needs of your readers, and that capture their attention and commitment to action.
- Apply a reader-focused mindset for planning and writing documents
- Enhance writing speed, fluency and reader engagement
- Exhibit leadership through the written word
Presenting as a Leader™
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this course will take you from an informational to an inspirational presentation style. Most of the program is spent in small groups, where you will get hands-on practice in creating scripts, delivering presentations and handling Q&As.
- Deliver a clear message with persuasive structure and language
- Build visuals that present ideas rather than information
- Convey a confident, natural presence in every interaction
Strategies and Skills of Successful Negotiation
Learn effective strategies and techniques for a variety of negotiation situations: from two-party/single issue, to complex negotiations involving multiple issues and parties, to negotiating online. Engage in applied exercises to build real-world negotiation proficiency.
- Improve your planning and better manage the negotiation process
- Analyze bargaining situations and design strategies accordingly
- Build your negotiating power by developing alternatives
Have your dedication to professional development formally recognized with an Executive Education certificate. Select the content and timing that work best for you, and design a learning plan that suits your learning needs.